Last night I got the best nights' sleep I've had in as long as I can remember. I was in my new place, curled up in my fabulous new bed (Thanks to Gary @ The Mattress Firm!) snuggled warmly between freshly cleaned sheets and a white down comforter.
I awoke feeling rested, content, and honestly not wanting to move from my perfect little cozy sanctuary.
As I opened my eyes and looked around, I realized just how many lovely little things in my new place bring me a sense of peace.
Like I'm home.
These are some of my favorite things...
1. My bed is at the very TOP of my list. Not only did I get a great deal on the frame and most comfortable mattress EVER at the Mattress Firm, I also found the headboard at Habitat for Humanity and paid $5 for it. I painted it gold and it makes me feel like a princess.
2. My favorite chair. I bought this chair at an auction for $12.50 and completely restored and recovered it. I've always wanted it to take "center stage" in my home, and now it does. I love its' cool, retro vibe.
3. The living room. Where do I start? There are so many "me" things in this photo. I painted the picture on the wall, for starters. Between that, the hipster spot lamp and ottoman, and the ceramic poodles (one is a balloon dog), this space is a blend of classic, clean lines and just enough quirky. It seriously makes me giddy!
4. Ok,... do I even need to explain this one? lol
5. My plant. I was given this plant at my Nanny's funeral several years ago. Every time I look at it, it makes me think of her. What an incredible example of a woman she was and how much of her lives on in me and those she loved. A daily reminder of who I am and where I come from.
These are some of my favorite things.
And though they're just things, they hold memories for me that make my new place feel like home.
Also, if you haven't slept well in a while like me, I highly suggest you go see Gary at the Mattress Firm in Hot Springs. Tell him I sent you and I'm sure he'll give you a great deal! :)
What are some of your favorite things?