posted Aug 5 2014 1:40PM
I am in a state of shock. Tax Free Weekend was last week. This is the symbol that it's time to get serious about this going-back-to-school business and I am not happy about it. Where did my summer go?
Regardless of my thought on the subject, school is in two weeks and I have to get prepared. My overly analytical self is in list mode. What we need, what to do, what NOT to do and so on and so on... So I have compiled my list and here it is:
1. Get those babies on a regular sleeping schedule! First priority here! These kids have been running a muck; staying up WAY too late watching Frozen over and over. Now, we listen to our music and read before bed because if we don't start now, we will pay the price in two weeks. I know this from experience.
2. We got this half done last night. School supplies. I want to send a thank you out to my kiddos' school. They PROVIDE the school supplies! It's fantastic! We just have to hunt down the perfect lunchbox that Dad approves of (has to be a certain size for his liking) and a backpack. On the same note, if anyone finds a purple pony backpack, please let me know.
3. First Day of School Outfit. Yes. Enough said. We will also need bows.
4. New Teacher Orinetation: I am so excited about this year as it is the first time I will have all of my kids in school. It's a milestone that is bittersweet. We make a big deal out of "Meet Your Teacher Day" and it is something we always remember.
5. One Last Big Summer '14 Family Outing: Not sure WHAT it will be but we will do something. Bowling. Putt Putt. We even discussed Dallas or Branson. We just want one last memory of summer before it slips away.
It's a tall order but nothing I can't handle. So as I sadly say goodbye to summer, I start getting excited about this things to come.